Thursday, April 9, 2009

Attn CEO's: Treat Your Customers the Way You Would Want to be Treated

Recently Gap reported a "same store sales" decrease of 8% in March. I'll bet this did not make their shareholders happy. I visited a local Gap store this week. There were two customers in the store and two sales clerks. Neither clerk approached me with an offer of assistance, one told me she was too busy to check stock, and the other was unwilling to find out if a certain item would be available in the store again. So Mr. Glenn K. Murphy and Ms. Marka Hansen, you're getting paid big bucks to reverse the decline in your stock value. The problem may be less complicated than you think. It may have something to do with the way you treat your customers...

Google's stock is down approximately 50% off its 52 week range. This week I contacted Google via email (is there any other way?) to ask if they would transfer a 5 cent charge from one credit card to another. We have supported Google financially for many years by participating in their AdWords program. Do you think they would accommodate my request? No way. So again, Mr. Eric Schmidt, as I sit typing on your Google blog, this is not rocket science. It's all about how you treat your customers...

No comments:

Post a Comment